Cleaning the oven may not be the most exciting job, however it’s essential to maintain a healthy, happy kitchen. Putting it off only makes the job more difficult, so grab the essentials and get stuck in!
What you need
How to get your oven sparkling
1. Remove the oven racks: Remove your oven racks and anything else from the oven.
2. Make a magic mixture: In a small bowl, mix roughly 1/2 cup of bicarbonate of soda with a few tablespoons of water. Adjust the ratio of both as needed until you have a spreadable paste.
3. Coat your oven: Spread the paste all over the inside of the oven, avoiding the elements.
4. Leave it overnight: Allow the bicarbonate of soda mixture to work for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
5. Clean your oven racks: In the meantime, give your oven rack a good soak in hot, soapy water. The longer you leave them the easier they’ll be to clean.
6. Wipe the out oven: Once 12 hours have passed, use a plastic or silicone spatula to help scrape the magic mixture off the oven. A damp cloth will also come in handy.
7. Spray a little vinegar: Take your bottle of wilko white vinegar and spray all over. Any areas where there’s bicarbonate of soda left will bubble up and you can make sure you get these with a final wipe down.
8. Pop your oven racks back: Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven and yay! You’re done- you’re now the proud owner of a lovely, clean and sparkly oven!
At wilko we have everything you need to get the job done, including a great range of pre-made, pre-measured treatments that are great value and just as easy to use. Take a peek.
Remember: Always check your oven’s manual for any specific dos and don’ts – it’s not worth invalidating your warranty unnecessarily.
Shop our full range of oven cleaners at wilko.com