There’s nothing better than a good night’s sleep. It leaves you feeling fresh, full of energy and ready to face the day ahead. And because a good night’s sleep starts with a great bed, here’s our step-by-step guide to creating a place to sleep that’s not only warm, cosy and comfortable, but also looks great.
A firm mattress will offer you the best support, but if it’s too hard it could put pressure on your shoulders and hips. Try and pick one that moulds to your body.
Top it off
A mattress topper not only protects your mattress, but will also make it feel thicker and more comfortable.
The weight, softness and warmth of a duvet depend on its tog rating (the higher it is the warmer it is) and filling. Our duvets come in a range of togs and in natural and synthetic materials, so you can find your perfect combination of comfort and warmth.
When choosing a pillow, the first thing to decide is whether you want natural or synthetic. Our lightweight microfibre pillows provide the warmth and comfort of natural down, but are also ideal for allergy suffers. Alternatively our down pillows mould snugly around your head and shoulders providing you with the ultimate in warmth and comfort.
Loving the layers
To get that contemporary hotel look, start with simple cotton bedding and add a luxurious cotton or velvet throw. Then place plain pillows against your headboard and complete the look by laying up with some decorative cushions.
If you’re still feeling restless, here’s a few tips on how to get the perfect night’s sleep:
1. Caffeine can stay in your system for up to 12 hours, so try and avoid it after lunchtime.
2. Don’t have a big meal before bed – try and leave at least 2 hours after your evening meal before going to sleep.
3. Make your bedroom as dark as possible – try blackout blinds or curtains.
4. Try and set a regular bedtime – go to bed at roughly the same time every night so your body clock gets used to it.
5. Make sure your bed is as comfortable as possible – find a mattress, pillow, duvet etc. that are right for you.
Don’t forget, you can find all the bedding that you could dream of in store and online.