The turkey is at the heart of the traditional Christmas dinner,yet often difficult to master.
Impress your family and dinner guests with our festive guide to cooking the perfect delicious Christmas turkey.
Don’t forget your Turkey Essentials this Christmas:-
Click the below items to purchase your essentials
1. Thaw the turkey
Tip: Save time on Christmas Day by thawing and prepping your turkey in advance.
2. Prep the turkey
Make sure you start with a clean washed turkey.
Pull out any leftover feather stubs and remove any giblets left inside.
3. Make the seasoning
Sage & lemon butter
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Put the mix into a piping bag and gently squeeze under turkey skin. Try not to tear the skin as this will affect the cooking.
- Spread the butter paste evenly by rubbing the turkey.
- Rub olive oil over the turkey. It will burn if you use butter.
- Add some lemon halves, sage, rosemary and thyme inside.
4. Cook the turkey
Make sure you allow the turkey plenty of cooking time.
Tip: Keep the oven door shut when cooking otherwise it will need to be cooked longer.
5. Check the turkey – Is it cooked?
To check the turkey is cooked, insert a skewer in to the thickest part of the thigh. Make sure the juices run clear and not pink.
If they run pink, return to oven for another 30 minutes.
6. Rest it
Once your turkey is cooked, cover with foil and let the turkey rest for 30 minutes.
Strain the juices, add the stuffing inside the turkey, and serve.