To create the brass hoop wreath, you will need:
- Trim your real or faux eucalyptus branches to size.
- Work in an asymmetric pattern starting with the largest sprig and attach with binding wire.
- Add extra decorations such as fairy lights, berries or dried fruit. To add the dehydrated oranges, make a hole in the centre of the orange, thread through brown string and tie a knot. Use the rest of the string to attach to a section of the brass hoop.
- Attach ribbon or string to the top of the hoop and hang up over a fireplace, mirror or on a door
To create the dehydrated oranges, you will need:
- Wash the oranges and slice thinly approximately 4mm in thickness
- Blot the oranges dry with kitchen paper and place on baking parchment paper on a wire rack
- Oven cook the oranges on the lowest setting for about 4/5 hours or until the oranges are completely dry and crispy. Or use a dehydrator.
- Enjoy in a G&T, use to decorate wreaths and garlands or attach to presents with brown paper wrapping and string for a rustic look
- Store the dried oranges in a sterilised air tight container and they will last for months!