Whether you’re looking to make some delicious homemade treats this Christmas, wanting to get the kids involved in some baking or simply fancy trying your hand at making some tasty bakes, you can’t go wrong with gingerbread men. And with this simple gingerbread men recipe, we’ll help you become a baking pro in no time at all.
• 350g plain flour
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 125g butter
• 175g soft brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 4 tbsp golden syrup
You’ll also need:
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5
2. Sift the flour, ground ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingers until you have a ‘breadcrumb’-like texture.
3. Lightly beat the golden syrup and egg.
4. Add the sugar, golden syrup and egg to your dry mix, combining until you’ve got a firm dough.
5. Roll the dough out to about 5mm thick, and cut out your gingerbread men (or ladies).
6. Cover an oven tray with baking paper and put your gingerbread men on it. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.