Christmas is a time for family and fun – so what better way to get in the festive spirit than with some seasonal activities? We’ve got plenty of ideas to keep the kids entertained throughout the holidays, here are some of our favourites…
Have fun counting down to Christmas
The big day is coming and excitement is building, so why not count down the days with a difference this year?
- Felt stocking garland – simply fill each stocking with a tasty treat and hang up.
- Santa chalkboard countdown decoration – pin this cute Santa up and get the kids to change the number each day.
Make your own family wreath
We’ve got everything you need to make the perfect personalised wreath for your front door this year! Take a look at our Make Your Own Wreath blog to find out more!
Make your own decorations
There’s nothing quite like making your own Christmas decorations, and we’ve got lots of ideas for Christmas crafts that the kids can get involved in too. We’ve picked our favourites…
- Wilko make your own crackers – this set contains everything you need to make your own crackers (just add your own novelty toys and make sure an adult assembles the finished crackers).
- Wilko make your own decorations – this great value set includes 5 paper crafts which assemble to make paper chains, a Santa, an angel, a lantern and a snowflake.
- Wilko make your own baubles – send the kids on a treasure hunt to find their favourite things to pop inside these plastic cases. Then simply assemble and hang from your Christmas tree.
Make your own cards
If you’re tired of seeing the same old cards each year, then why not make your own? Send something a bit more personal to loved ones this year, get the kids involved, and have fun while you’re at it!
- Wilko Christmas card making kit
- Plain kraft envelope and card set 10 pack
- Wilko plain red/white cards/envelopes
- Paper craft goody bag
Roll your sleeves up
Turn baking into a fun activity for the whole family. You could even bake some goodies to give as gifts to friends and family. They’ll be even more special if the kids have helped with the baking. Take a look at our blog here for inspiration to get you started. Then roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!