Let’s face it, no-one enjoys the ironing! So to make it as quick and painless as possible, we’ve put together a few handy tips:
- Iron clothes according to their temperature — start with the coolest ending with the hottest so you’re not left waiting.
- Try to do your ironing in the bedroom — that way you can use the bed to sort your laundry on and you’ve got plenty of hangers to hand.
- Keep your iron clean — a clogged iron can suddenly decide to leave limescale all over your fresh clean clothes.
- Where possible try and use filtered water in your iron — it helps to reduce the chance of limescale and will keep your iron in tip top condition.
- Here’s a great tip for saving time —pop a piece of kitchen foil beneath your ironing board cover and you’ll end up ironing both sides of your clothes at the same time as the heat is reflected.
- Iron your black and dark items inside out — this stops them going shiny.
At Wilko, we’ve got a great range of irons and steamers to help make light work of the toughest jobs. Take a look over at wilko.com, or pop into your nearest store!