To encourage kids to get out in the great outdoors and get closer to nature, we’re running a competition where they can be in with the chance of winning some wild bird goodies! The prize consists of wilko Wild Bird Fat Balls 50 x 90g , wilko Wild Bird Fat Ball Feeder, wilko Wildly Tasty Suet Pellets and wilko Wild Bird Niger Seed Easy Feeder, all designed to help birds flock to the garden and bring out little ones’ inner Bill Oddy! Take a look at the wild bird pictures below. All you have to do is:
- Download and print the bird picture of your choice
- Colour in the bird, using pens, pencils or paint. Try to keep to to realistic colours and patterns
- Take a picture and upload to Twitter
- Don’t forget to tag your picture with @lovewilko and #wilkowildbird
The competition ends on 29.2.20. Full Ts&Cs can be found here.
Our top tips for spotting birds in your garden
If you’re struggling to spot wild birds in your garden, here are some easy tips to get you started:
- Put out some food – make sure you keep the food varied to attract different breeds
- Remember to be patient – it may take time for birds to come to your garden, especially if this is the first time you’ve put out food
- Keep some binoculars handy – birds will soon fly away if you get too close, so watching from afar with some binoculars is a great idea
- Be still – if you make a noise or move around too much, birds are likely to get scared and fly away
- Keep a diary – note down the times of day, the type of bird you’re seeing and where abouts in your garden you spot them
- Take pictures if you can – they’ll help you keep track of the birds you’ve spotted
We hope this helps you spot wild birds in your garden. For all your wild bird needs, visit our wild bird range online. Good luck!