With summer finally here, many of us are looking to take full advantage of the glorious weather and lighter evenings…and there’s no better way than throwing a garden party! The best thing about a garden party is that you’ll only really need a bit of good weather, a few friends or family, an outdoor space – and you’re away. If you’d like to throw a party on a bigger scale, or you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary or simply just because it’s the weekend, we’ve got some great garden party ideas to get you started:
1. Garden party ideas and essentials
- Fire up the BBQ – Every garden party needs food and a good old-fashioned BBQ is the perfect way to keep guests happy. Our huge selection of BBQs will help you on your way. From basic portable charcoal barbecues to family gas burners, plus all the BBQ accessories, we’ve got everything you need.
- Find a seat for everyone – If you’re having a small get-together, you might get away with a small bistro set and a few chairs, but for larger groups it makes sense to have a bigger table and plenty of seating – our outdoor furniture range includes sets which will comfortably seat up to 10 guests with single chairs also available. No matter what kind of garden furniture you’re after, we’ve got a great range for every type of garden party.
- Light up the garden with outdoor party decorations. For an invitingly cosy ‘garden do’ check out our sophisticated solar lights, or stylish outdoor string lights for a party long after the sun’s gone down! Decorative lights are great for adding atmosphere whilst also doubling up as pretty garden party decorations. You can create stunning effects simply by placing tealights in jam jars, and dotting them around your garden. Lanterns with candles look amazing too, as does lighting an outdoor path from the house or front gate to the party.
- Provide shelter from the sun (or rain!) – No matter how hot it is outside, in Britain there’s always a chance of rain! Don’t let rain stop play though, invest in a gazebo. Having a sheltered area is also a good idea if it’s red hot, as you’ll want to seek shade without needing to go back indoors.
All that tasty food needs to be served on something and picnicware is the perfect solution. Ditch the disposables and opt for stylish serveware that’s easy to clean and re-use. Our eco-friendly bamboo tableware ticks all the boxes and looks great too! Use large plastic bowls for serving smaller picnic foods and invest in a sturdy plastic tray to save multiple trips back and forth to the kitchen!
When it comes to drink nobody likes a warm beer, but you can keep your drinks cool outside by filling a bucket or plant pot with ice. If you’re looking for something to serve your drinks in, our great new range of glassware is sure to impress.
3. Outdoor games for kids
Now we’ve covered the essentials, don’t forget the little things that can make a garden party really special. If you’ve got kids coming to your gathering, outdoor toys are a must to keep boredom at bay. Not only will the kids love playing garden games, but the adults are guaranteed to join in too! A skittles or swing tennis set make great outdoor party games for kids and adults alike. If the weather’s especially hot, give the kids somewhere to cool off with a paddling pool. If you haven’t got a lot of outdoor space, opt for a smaller ring pool and plenty of water toys.
Now you know how to throw a garden party and you’re set to host! All that’s left to do is keep your fingers crossed for good weather!