Wilko paint has the power to transform your old, unused and previously unloved pieces of furniture in relatively little time and without breaking the bank.
Our fantastic range of spray paints are designed to spray new life into your existing furniture and accessories, helping to update your look by creating a perfectly bespoke, heartfelt look and feel for your home.
Grab a few essentials
- Dust sheets
- Spray primer
- Masking tape
- Spray paint
- Dust mask
- Plus the item you’re revamping
Bring home some colour with our top tips
Whether you’re transforming an old hand-me-down, a quirky piece you’ve uncovered at an antiques market or something you’ve had lying around for ages, our top tips will help you to produce a professional looking job every time.
- Always paint in a well ventilated area.
- Sand down and fill holes where necessary.
- Never skip the primer- this provides the perfect base to bring the best out of your paint in terms of coverage, colour and finish. Using a primer is especially important if you’re spraying on to bare wood or plastic objects.
- Remove all hardware like handles and hinges- they’ll always look better than if you try to paint around them and anyway, you could always give those a mini make over of their own.
- If your furniture has drawers, tape them off so that you can spray the front without creating a mess.
- To avoid unsightly drips and an uneven finish, apply 2 to 3 light, fine coats of spray.
- Let your furniture dry properly before moving it or touching it too much. Our spray paint is touch dry in 20 minutes and hardens in 24 hours.
Bring home some colour with accessories
Don’t stop with furniture, compliment and complete your new look with customised accessories. Raid the local car boot sale and charity shop, or just cast your eye around your home for vases, ornaments, candle sticks or general bits and bobs you might have fallen out of love with and get creative. It’s a cost effective way to make things match and add the personal, finishing touches to any room around the home.
If you need some inspiration to get you started, check out our videos below!
Find all the essentials for your next upcycling project online at wilko.com