Wilko paint has the power to transform your old, unused and previously unloved pieces of furniture in relatively little time and without breaking the bank.
Our fantastic range of spray paints are designed to spray new life into your existing furniture and accessories, helping to update your look by creating a perfectly bespoke heartfelt look and feel for your home.
Grab a few essentials
- The lucky item about to be made over; it could be a mirror, chest of drawers, toy box, chair, lamp stand … you name it, where there’s a Wilko, there’s a way!
- A well ventilated area
- Dust sheets
- Spray primer
- Masking tape
- Spray paint
- Protective gloves
- Protective face masks
Bring home some colour with our top tips
Whether you are transforming an old hand me down, a quirky piece you have picked up that needs a new lease of life or something you’ve had lying around for ages our top tips will help you to produce a professional looking job every time.
- Always paint in a well ventilated area
- Sand down and fill holes where necessary
- Never skip the primer- this provides the perfect base to bring the best out of your paint in terms of coverage, colour and finish. Using a primer is especially important if you’re spraying on to bare wood or plastic objects.
- Remove all hardware like handles and hinges- they will always look better then if you try to paint around them and anyway, you could always give those a mini make over of their own
- If your furniture has drawers, tape them off so that you can spray the front without creating a mess
- To avoid unsightly drips and an uneven finish, apply 2 to 3 light, fine coats of spray
- Let your furniture dry properly before moving it or touching it too much. Our spray paint is touch dry in 20 minutes and hardened in 24 hours.
Bring home some colour with accessories
Don’t stop with furniture, compliment and complete your new look with customised accessories. Raid the local car boot sale and charity shop or just cast your eye around your home for vases, ornaments, candle sticks or general bits and bobs you might have fallen out of love with and get creative. It is a cost effective way to make things match and add the personal, finishing touches to any room around the home.
If you need some inspiration to get you started, check out our videos below!
We would absolutely love to see your furniture and accessory makeovers, send your pictures and tips to us @LoveWilko and to our Facebook page.