Cleaning the oven may not be the most exciting job, however it is essential to maintain a healthy, happy kitchen. Putting it off only makes the job more difficult so get stuck in this spring!
What You Need
What to do
1. Remove the oven racks: Remove your oven racks and anything else from the oven
2. Make a magic mixture: In a small bowl, mix roughly a 1/2 cup of bicarbonate of soda with a few tablespoons of water. Adjust the ratio of both as needed until you have a spreadable paste.
3. Coat your oven: Spread the paste all over the inside of the oven, avoiding the elements.
4. Leave it over night: Allow the bicarbonate of soda mixture to work for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
5. Clean your oven racks: In the meantime give your oven rack a good soak in hot soapy water. The longer you leave then the easier they will be to clean.
6. Wipe out the oven: Once 12 hours have passed use a plastic or silicone spatula to help scrape the magic mixture off the oven. A damp cloth will also come in handy.
7. Spray a little vinegar: Take your bottle of Wilko white vinegar and spray all over. Any areas where there is bicarbonate of soda left will bubble up and you can make sure you get these with a final wipe down.
8. Pop your oven racks back: Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven and yay! You are done- a lovely clean and sparkly oven!
At Wilko we have everything you need to get the job done including a great range or pre-made, pre-measured treatments that are great value and just as easy to use. Take a peek.
Remember: Always check your ovens manual for any specific do’s and don’ts- it’s not worth invalidating your warranty unnecessarily.